The initiative is taken by Village Gram Panchayat, Sahyadri Nisargamitra, and Maharashtra Forest department to conserve Olive Ridley Turtle by protecting their eggs which were found at Anjarle beach near Mumbai. You can withness a baby turtle coming out of the egg and then finding its way to the Arabian Sea by those baby steps.
Anjarle beach is one of the finest beaches in the Konkan region. An unspoiled virgin beach covered with white sand and surrounded by palms is just the ideal destination for a long and refreshing weekend. The sand is white in color and reflects the sunlight above, making it shine like a layout of diamonds. The beach is also popular for the Kadyawarcha Ganpati temple located on a cliff and there is also a small port located near the mouth the Jog river which is a popular place visited by the tourists.
Here is a Day to Day plan for this Event
- Meeting Adventure Geek leaders at Sanjay Gandhi National Park, Borivali E at 10.15pm
- Reach Anjarle by 05.30am
- Get fresh, Visit Anjarle Beach at 6 am for Turtle Festival
- Fun Time On Beach
- Return to the Villager House
- Proceed to visit Suvarnadurg by Boat
- Explore Suvarnadurg
- Lunch at Anjarle (Veg Konkani Food)
- Visit Anjarle beach for Turtle Festival in the evening at5 pm,
- Backwater Ride
- Back to House
- Post Dinner, Night walk
- Retire for the day
- Wake up at 5.30am
- Visit Anjarle Beach for Turtle Festival in Morning at 6 am.
- Have breakfast and Start for Kadyavarcha Ganpati Temple.
- Later Visit Shree Keshavraj (Vishnu) and Shree Vyaghreshwar (Siva) Temple
- Lunch at Dapoli
- Post Lunch, Start our return journey by 3 pm
- Evening refreshment on the way
- Reach Dadar by 9:30 – 10 pm
Cost of the event:
- Rs. 3200/-
- Traveling from Dadar to Dadar by Private non/AC BUS,
- Food Expenses (only Veg),
- Accommodation Charges. (Dormitory / Home Stay type Accommodation will be provided)
- Boating Charges
Do write us if you want to participate in this event: